This page has moved to a new address.

Let's help Save Children in Japan!

Natural Kids: Let's help Save Children in Japan!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Let's help Save Children in Japan!

I know it's Tuesday. I am supposed to be writing a recipe and post it here. But it all seems too trivial in the light of the images of the earthquake from Japan that have been rolling across computer and TV screens around the world. So please, forgive me for not posting a recipe this week.


On Sunday we prayed at our little church for the Nation of Japan. What else can one do? But maybe you are not religious. Maybe you can think of other ways to help. Are our governments helping and doing enough? No doubt one scary thought has entered the back of our minds from the get-go: What if this was us? California...


No matter how well prepared or rich a nation may be, there is no way to prepare for nature's wrath...Once a horrible force like this becomes unleashed, we are just helpless as anyone on earth.

Do you know anyone in Japan? Is the sight of these pictures less touching if there isn't a personal connection? I have a good friend from college who married a girl from Japan. Luckily they live in Germany. But I worry about her family. Will they be safe? How far away from this disaster do they live?

I remember too well when Chernobyl happened. I was out with some friends riding our bikes to a beautiful park in Bad Kreuznach, Germany. Later they told us that the wind was blowing from the East that day. All of Western Europe was getting a not so healthy dose of radiation that day...Are we safe?

Why do they keep building more nuclear power plants? No matter what they tell us, it's not safe! Are there any of them near the coastline of California? I'm scared. Scared for the people in Japan - scared for our children and our future.


I look at all the pretty pieces of cloth I have collected in my stash that were made in Japan. Where are the people who created them? I pray they are safe!

I am not a rich person, and there is not much I can do to help. I did send some money via Save the Children yesterday hoping every little bit will help. I thought it seemed the best way to go since our shops are devoted to making children happy. I will also donate 10% of my sales of items made from Japanese fabrics to the disaster victims in Japan. So please check out the beautiful Kawaii section in my Etsyshop.

 Maybe there is something you can do to help today? Let's send a wave of love to Japan!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Sasmita said...

Every brighter side has it's dark side too! The power plants are meant to secure the future....but they turned out as destruction of present. We can make the better things, but cann't forsee or measure the nature's power.

We are so sorry for Japan. Let's pray God!

March 15, 2011 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger Tickety Bu™ said...

I'm in awe of the devastation there and my heart breaks for everyone there. I can't imagine. I'm speechless.

March 15, 2011 at 9:34 AM  
Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

Thank you for this post. As hard as it is to read the news articles, it is much harder to live through it. I think of the people in Japan who are affected, and will do what I can to help.

March 15, 2011 at 9:51 AM  
Blogger Earthetarian said...

My wishes and thoughts and prayers are with the people there as well.

March 15, 2011 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger FeeVertelaine said...

We can also be sOooo gratefull that "WE" are safe...I think that way we continu to generate good vibe, stay positive and our prayer to people in Japan will be even stronger and brighter :) !!!
~ May courage, love, creativity and force be with them ~ xx

March 15, 2011 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was listening to the radio yesterday and there were a few people interviewed who had lived in Japan at one point or another. All of them said that they really respected how resiliant the Japanese people are, and how prepared they were for this disaster. That doesn't lessen the destruction by any means, but if they are going to rebuild their country with positive attitudes, I think that there is lots we can do to help with that...financially, through prayer, and through directly encouraging the people. Thank you so much for this post!

March 16, 2011 at 12:56 AM  
Blogger germandolls said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments! I really appreciate the warmth and light that shines through them.
PS: I am so glad I finally recived news from my friedn in Germany. His Japanese wife's family is from Osaka. Luckily that is far from the nuclear power plants. But still, they are devastated by what's happening to the people...

March 16, 2011 at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home