This page has moved to a new address.

Mini Monday - Tumbleberry Toys

Natural Kids: Mini Monday - Tumbleberry Toys

Monday, October 5, 2009

Mini Monday - Tumbleberry Toys


Etsy: Your place to buy & sell all things handmade
tumbleberrytoys.etsy.com



Meet Jen of Tumbleberry Toys:

I am a busy, home schooling mother of four. I love to make things.

I used to always beg my mother when I was little to let me make things, but always got frustrated with the finished junky "craft."

When I was older and had my own money to buy materials, I discovered how much funner it was to make things of high quality, all natural, albeit expensive, materials.

Knitting and doll making remain my two favorite crafting outlets. Years ago I started a quest to create the perfect doll, some results turning out better that others. When I discovered the Waldorf style of doll making, I was immediately hooked. The sweet faces, lovely yarn hair, wool stuffing, and playable finished product, and exciting creative process keeps me wanting to make more.

On top of that, my children, and all the other children I have met and made things for, are the most delightful recipients of handmade gifts. It feels so good to give a lovingly created item to those special little ones in your life.

 

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim van Waardenburg said...

great words! Thank you for sharing!

Kim
www.viltalakim.etsy.com

October 5, 2009 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Beautiful natural dolls! :0)
Hurray for Waldorf dolls!
Sue
www.polarbearcreations.etsy.com

October 5, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home