This page has moved to a new address.

Mini Monday: Cozy Cottage Creations

Natural Kids: Mini Monday: Cozy Cottage Creations

Monday, June 2, 2008

Mini Monday: Cozy Cottage Creations

Etsy: Your place to buy & sell all things handmade
cozycottagecreations.etsy.com

Our new feature--Mini Mondays! Today's randomly chosen Team Member is Cozy Cottage Creations. A bit more about Cozy from her profile...

Ever since I made my first pillow, I've wanted to have my own shop where I sell handmade items. Now - one career, one husband, two children, a move across the country and back, and fifteen years later - I'm doing it.

I'm one of those people you see knitting everywhere they go. I'd knit while driving if I could. There are a few side benefits to my passion for felting: 1. My four-year-old can walk across the room holding a bowl without me holding my breath. 2. Knitting is great for weight loss. It is impossible to knit and eat ice cream at the same time. 3. The washing machine is a very exciting appliance when there's something felting in it.

All of my designs are original and I do not follow a pattern. My ideas tend to come to me at odd times. The challenge is how to turn that thought into something you can hold in your hands.

I love the process of creation. You take two things (like a sheep and some sticks of bamboo), put them together, and out comes something completely and utterly unique (like a felted pencil cup!) Amazing! (after all, isn't that how we all got here to begin with?) And sometimes the end product and journey to get there can be quite a surprise. To me, that's what life is all about.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Cozy does great custom orders! I love love love my camera case, made especially for me!

June 2, 2008 at 2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cozy is beautiful and super-talented and makes wonderful things. I have one of her baskets...it is SO special!

June 2, 2008 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger TheSingingBird said...

Cozy makes beautiful things! I am the lucky owner of one of her pretty pencil cups and it makes me feel happy when I see the colors and designs that she custom-made for me :)

June 2, 2008 at 2:56 PM  
Blogger FairiesNest said...

Not only is she an amazing craftsperson but funny too, "Knitting is great for weight loss. It is impossible to knit and eat ice cream at the same time." I love it!

June 2, 2008 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger cozycottage said...

Oh, I'm blushing over here! You all are so sweet, and I feel so honored to be featured! You know, this team is truly a source of inspiration!

June 2, 2008 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger LittleElf said...

Oh Cozy, I just love your work. Your little felted foxgloves as so amazing. ^_^ When I grow up I want to be as good as you. ^_^

June 2, 2008 at 3:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such beautiful work. That celery green bowl especially catches my eye. :)

June 5, 2008 at 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home